- Found probably the most perfect pear install manual
1 year 5 weeks ago
Install PEAR on shared hosting
Posted April 12th, 2012 by admin
PEAR by default is installed into /usr/share/pear which can conflict with current security settings per hosting server.
Pear official howto:
Install pear on shared web host:
Investigating al the above options - which seemed to me overloaded with extra information - the best solution for me was to include PEAR sources with components I need into project tree and commit into CVS - then setup of new checkout will not be dependent on development environment.
1. Create `pear` directory in your httpdocs root /pear/
2. Untar sources of the latest PEAR lib into pear
3. Untar all component sources into pear/component1, pear/component2
4. Add path `pear/` into include_path inside .htaccess file:
php_value include_path ".:pear/"